ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Course Overview
- Who this qualification is for
- Entry requirement
- How much will it cost
- Course support
Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3 is a nationally recognised qualification based on the Health and Social Care National Occupation Standards approved by Skills for Care & Development. It is recognised by care providers, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and nursing universities.
This diploma will confirm your knowledge, skills and competence for those working with adults and children across all social care settings, including residential settings, primary care environments, domiciliary services, day services and supported living.
Who this qualification is for?
This qualification is ideal if you are working as an experienced care worker in health and social care or you are volunteering in a similar setting. This qualification will also aid and support your progression to higher education
Students who complete this qualification can progress to study a variety of level 4 qualifications, including our ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care or to a degree programme at a higher education provider.
Students may progress to:
- a level 4 ATHE qualification such as the ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- a degree programme
- progression into a wide range of job roles within the health and social care sector
ATHE University Partners:
ATHE has a number of University partners, who offer online or on the campus Bachelor and Master courses including:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Sunderland London Campus
- Northampton University
- Coventry University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- University of Bolton
- University of Bedfordshire
- Prince Edward Island University
For more information, please visit https://athe.co.uk/progression-routes/
This qualification is designed for students aged 16 and above.
For students who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include one of following:
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above or
- other related level 2 subjects Or
- other equivalent international qualifications
- Applicants must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments
Mature students route:
Mature students are encouraged to apply and will be considered after interview. You may be required to present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid), participation and/or achievement of relevant qualifications.
Expected prior knowledge:
You do not need to have studied Business and Management before but an interest in the subject is important
List of documents required for registration:
- Completed application form
- Authenticated scans of your qualifications, certificates and complete transcripts for all years of studies
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your CV/résumé
- A scanned copy of a recent passport sized color photograph
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of address
- Two references
There is no external assessment (i.e. exams) attached to any unit. You will be required to submit a final written assignment for each module.
You must complete 4 mandatory units worth 60 credits to achieve the ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- The Health and Social Care Sector
- A Person Centred Approach to Health and Social Care
- Communication Skills for Health and Social Care
- Academic and Research Skills for Health and Social Care
How much will it cost?
– The course fee is £499 including course material, assessment and tuition fee.
– The enrolment fee is £30 per module
– You can receive a 10% discount on the course fee if you pay in full or you can pay in two equal instalments without additional charges or interest.
The course is delivered via an online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) called Moodle. All course materials are available on Moodle and are delivered via easy to follow online lessons complimented by tutor support and feedback to enhance your learning.
You are allocated UK-based tutors, who are available through Moodle to discuss course materials and give support and assistance with assignments.
The unit’s learning materials are designed to facilitate your learning and to allow you to achieve the learning outcome of each unit. This material is interactive and contains practical activities, which have been designed to enable you to apply theoretical principles and frameworks.
For more detailed information about the course visit ATHE official website at the following link
Vista Business Centre, First Floor
50 Salisbury Road, Hounslow,
Middlesex TW4 6JQ London, UK