ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Law
- Course Overview
- Who this qualification is for
- Entry requirement
- How much will it cost
- Course support
The primary purpose of this qualification is to support your progression into higher education, specifically to an LLB or BA degree course relating to law.
The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Law is a 60 credit qualification and is the equivalent level to an A-Level or Access to HE Qualification. It has been designed for learners who wish to progress to study a law degree but may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required.
The qualification provides you with an introduction to law and the legal system as well as key academic, research and communication skills to support learners in their development.
Who this qualification is for?
This qualification will suit you if you are planning to take a law degree but do not yet have sufficient, relevant attainment at Level 3 to meet the entry requirements for a higher education course.
The qualification is primarily intended to support your progression to higher education. The Diploma will provide you with a firm grounding in terms of legal knowledge and understanding, alongside the opportunity to develop the academic and research skills you will need on an LLB or BA degree course in law.
The legal knowledge, understanding and skills that the Diploma will have helped you develop will also prepare you to progress to a Level 4 law qualification such as a Level 4 Diploma in Legal or Paralegal Studies.
Although the qualification is primarily intended to support your progression to higher education, the introductory skills, knowledge and understanding that you will gain would be of use in various job roles in a legal setting, such as legal secretary or administrator, including those offered through school/college-leaver traineeships or fast-track programmes.
ATHE University Partners:
ATHE has a number of University partners, who offer online or on the campus Bachelor and Master courses including:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Southampton Solent University
- University of Sunderland London Campus
- Northampton University
- Coventry University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- University of Bolton
- University of Bedfordshire
- Prince Edward Island University
For more information, please visit https://athe.co.uk/progression-routes/
This qualification is designed for students aged 16 and above.
For students who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include one of following:
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above Or
- other related level 2 subjects Or
- other equivalent international qualifications
- Applicants must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments
Mature students route:
Mature students are encouraged to apply and will be considered after interview. You may be required to present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid), participation and/or achievement of relevant qualifications.
Expected prior knowledge:
You do not need to have studied Law before but an interest in the subject is important
List of documents required for registration:
- Completed application form
- Authenticated scans of your qualifications, certificates and complete transcripts for all years of studies
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your CV/résumé
- A scanned copy of a recent passport sized color photograph
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of address
- Two references
There is no external assessment (i.e. exams) attached to any unit. You will be required to submit a final written assignment for each module.
You must complete 4 mandatory units worth 60 credits to achieve the ATHE Level 3 Diploma in law.
- The English Legal System (Credit 15)
- Contract Law (Credit 15)
- Legal Terminology and Communication (Credit 15)
- Academic and Research Skills for Law (Credit 15)
How much will it cost?
– The course fee is £499 including course material, assessment and tuition fee.
– The enrolment fee is £30 per module
– You can receive a 10% discount on the course fee if you pay in full or you can pay in two equal instalments without additional charges or interest.
The course is delivered via an online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) called Moodle. All course materials are available on Moodle and are delivered via easy to follow online lessons complimented by tutor support and feedback to enhance your learning.
You are allocated UK-based tutors, who are available through Moodle to discuss course materials and give support and assistance with assignments.
The unit’s learning materials are designed to facilitate your learning and to allow you to achieve the learning outcome of each unit. This material is interactive and contains practical activities, which have been designed to enable you to apply theoretical principles and frameworks.
For more detailed information about the course visit ATHE official website at the following link https://athe.co.uk/level-3-law/
Vista Business Centre, First Floor
50 Salisbury Road, Hounslow,
Middlesex TW4 6JQ London, UK