Pearson BTEC HNC in Business
- Course Overview
- Who this qualification is for
- Entry requirement
- How much will it cost
- Course support
The Higher National Certificate (HNC) is a Level 4 qualification made up of 120 credits and is equivalent to first year of Bachelors degree.
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business offers students a broad introduction to the subject area via a mandatory core of learning, while allowing for the acquisition of skills and experience through the selection of optional units across a range of occupational sectors at Level 4. This effectively builds underpinning core skills while preparing the student for subject specialisation at Level 5.
Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios.
Who this qualification is for?
This qualification is suitable for those who wish to enhance a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business and develop a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence and problem-solving strategies.
The students will learn to be adaptable and flexible in their approach to business, show resilience under pressure, and meet challenging targets within a given resource.
The Level 4 Higher National Certificate provides a solid grounding in business, which students can build on should they decide to continue their studies beyond the Certificate stage.
After successful completion of HNC the learner may progress onto HND in four different disciplines to suit their area of interest in business and management. Students will also have the opportunity to join any University directly for 2nd year of Bachelors degree.
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- GCSE maths and English grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent; AND
- A related Level 3 qualification, which could be an Access to Higher Education Certificate; OR
- At least one A-level in a relevant subject at grade A*-C OR more than one A-level at grades A*-E; OR
- other equivalent international qualifications
- Applicants must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments
- Related work experience (if you're an older learner we'll take into account your paid and unpaid experience, professional qualifications and life experience)
Mature students route:
Mature students are encouraged to apply and will be considered after interview. You may be required to present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid), participation and/or achievement of relevant qualifications.
Expected prior knowledge:
You do not need to have studied Business and Management before but an interest in the subject is important
List of documents required for registration:
- Completed application form
- Authenticated scans of your qualifications, certificates and complete transcripts for all years of studies
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your CV/résumé
- A scanned copy of a recent passport sized color photograph
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of address
- Two references
There is no external assessment (i.e. exams) attached to any unit. You will be required to submit a final written assignment for each module.
You need to achieve a minimum of 120 credits for HNC Level 4
Modules: Semester 1
- Unit 1: Business and the Business Environment
- Unit 2: Marketing Essentials
- Unit 3: Human Resource Management
- Unit 4: Management and Operations
Modules: Semester 2
- Unit 5: Management Accounting
- Unit 6: Managing a Successful Business Project (Pearson-set)
- Unit 7: Innovation and Commercialisation
- Unit 8: Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
1 Year (Full Time)
2 Years (Part time)
How much will it cost?
– The course fee is £2000 including course material, assessment and tuition fee.Special Offer 20% off course fee
An additional 10% discount if you pay in full or you can pay in instalments without additional charges or interest.
– Awarding body fee: £180 (one off)
*Please speak to one of the team members for further information about the instalments.
The course is delivered via an online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) called Moodle. All course materials are available on Moodle and are delivered via easy to follow online lessons complimented by tutor support and feedback to enhance your learning.
You are allocated UK-based tutors, who are available through Moodle to discuss course materials and give support and assistance with assignments.
The unit’s learning materials are designed to facilitate your learning and to allow you to achieve the learning outcome of each unit. This material is interactive and contains practical activities, which have been designed to enable you to apply theoretical principles and frameworks.
Vista Business Centre, First Floor
50 Salisbury Road, Hounslow,
Middlesex TW4 6JQ London, UK